Each student will investigate baccalaureate nursing programs and choose one specific BS program in nursing
Each student will investigate baccalaureate nursing programs and choose one specific BS program in nursing that is either a(n): 1) generic, traditional 4- year BS program; 2) accelerated, second degree BS program; or 3) a baccalaureate completion program (RN to BSN). Each student will research their selected BS program and evaluate these key program and curricular components:
· Parent institution mission, vision and/or other philosophy statements (e.g. university, college, school)
· Nursing school or department of mission, vision, and/or philosophy statements
· Program outcomes
· Total number of credits and full-time curriculum plan of study
· Inclusion of innovative educational strategies, including high-fidelity simulation, interprofessional education, distance education and/or other cutting-edge instructional methods
· Attention to diversity and inclusion
· Program outcomes measures (e.g. graduation rates. NCLEX-RN pass rates, employment)
· Accreditation (e.g. NJBON, ACEN, CCNE, CNEA)
Students will write a narrative paper evaluating their selected/approved BS program by focusing solely on their assessment of these key program and curricular components using the Keating guidelines (Ch 5, Table 5.1)
· Organizing framework
· Overall purpose and goal of the program
· BS program outcomes
· BS curriculum plan
· Summary of the strengths and weaknesses of the BS program/curriculum.
The paper should be written in Word, Times New Roman 12 pt font, double spaced, APA format (7th edition). The paper should be 3-5 pages in length (excluding title page and references) using relevant references within the past 5 years and/or seminal works.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!