CIVIL RIGHTS AND HEALTH CARE: WHAT ARE THE HEALTH CARE POLICIES RELATED TO ACCESS, EQUITY, QUALITY, AND COST?
This week’s readings and videos offered information related to health policy related to diversity, economics, and ethics. In this discussion board, you will present information related to current health care reform and civil rights.
Topics to include:
1) What are the health care policies related to access, equity, quality, and cost?
2) If you do not feel there are current health care policies related to access, equity, quality, and cost, why not?
3) What does health care reform mean to the uninsured, and underinsured?
4) What is the implication of limited access to vulnerable populations?
5) What can nursing do to help increase awareness of civil rights in health care
https://americanrhetoric.com/speeches/huberthumphey1948dnc.html will take you to a web page with a link to an audio version of Senator Hubert Humphrey’s 1948 speech on Civil Rights. A transcript of the speech is also provided.
In 1948 Hubert Humphrey presented a speech related to civil rights. It is unfortunate that today the battle related to civil rights continues in the area of health disparities and ethics. While you’re listening to the speech consider areas that still exist today and how health care reform supports civil rights or takes away our civil rights.
Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care,Elsevier Saunders, 2015, 7th edition
Read Chapters 18,31,35,19,23.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!